Cottages made of stone and wood, beautiful lush green gardens and the surroundings protected by massive Himalayan peaks; this is what we dream of when we plan for a holiday to the northern parts of India. Himachal Pradesh offers all of this, to the people who belong to the region and also to the ones who visit Himachal during their vacations. At the higher reaches of this state one can easily find cottages and huts on rent. These can be hired for a short as well as for long period stays. The tariffs are reasonable with high quality facilities for a comfortable yet pocket pleasing stay amidst the Himalayas. A list of such pleasurable stoppages in the major tourist attractions of Himachal Pradesh is given below:
• Log Huts- Log Huts are HPTDC huts situated in Manali and belong to the Premium class of stays.
Address- Log Huts, Manali- 175131
Website: http://hptdc.nic.in/ Phone- 01902-253225, 253226
• Hamta Cottages- These cottages are situated 2 kms away from the main bus stand of Manali and therefore are easily approachable. They belong to the deluxe class of stays with tariffs ranging from 1k to 4k (INR).
Address- Hamta Cottages, Manali- 175131
Website: http://hptdc.nic.in/ Phone- 01902- 253225, 253226
Other cottages and huts in the Kullu tourist circuit are:
• Hadimba Cottages (Manali)
• Tourist Huts (Kasol)
• Udechee Huts- These huts are situated 15kms away from the main town of Dharamshala towards the cantonement area.
Address- Udechee Huts, Naddi, Dharamshala Cantt- 176216
Website- udecheehuts.com Phone- 098160-32280
• Glenmoor Cottages- These huts give a mesmerising view of the Dhauladhar range at an altitude of 6300 feet above the sea level.
Address- Glenmoor Cottages, McLeodganj, Upper Dharamshala- 176216
Website – www.glenmoorcottages.com Phone-018922- 21010
• The Shrikhand Cottages- These cottages are HPTDC cottages and are a part of The Shrikhand Hotel.
Address- The Shrikhand Cottages, Sarahan, Shimla- 172102
• Marigold Holiday Cottages- These cottages provide luxurious stay near the golf course area of Naldera.
Address- Marigold Holiday Cottages, Naldera road, Village Sedhor, Shimla- 171001
Website – www.marigoldcottagesshimla.com
In the same Naldera golf course region, Hotel Golf Glade also provides stay in their brilliantly built Log Huts.
• Himalayan Orchard Huts- A very popular stoppage for the ones who want a feel of the earthiness of the Himalayan housing.
Address- Himalayan Orchard Huts, Village Chadiyara, P.O. Batt, Chamba- 176314
• Birdwood Cottages- At an altitude of 7200 feet, these cottages are located 3kms away from the main bus stand of Dalhousie.
Address- Birdwood Cottages, Bakrota Heritage Mall, Dalhousie, Chamba- 176304
Website – www.dalhousiecottages.com
• Khajji Cottage- This is a part of the HPTDC hotels The Devdar and is 1km away from the same.
Address- Khajji Cottaage, Khajjiar- 176314
Phone- 01899-236333, 94180- 02306
• Mahalawat Cottages- These cottages are situated in the beautiful Basal Valley of District Solan.
Address- Mahalavat Cottages, Sugandha Apartments, Village Basal, Chamba Ghat, Solan
Phone- 099992- 33602, 092120- 53482
• Pinewood Cottages- Set amidst the whispering pine forests of Kasauli Hills, these cottages are an ultimate pleasure for holiday purposes.
Address- Pinewood Cottages, Kasauli, Solan- 173204
Phone- 94590- 67809
The Trans-Himalayan region, though do not match the other tourist attractions in the quantity of such cottages but the quality of the ones they have is worth experiencing.
• The Swiss Cottages- These cottages are made in exotic Swiss design.
Address- The Swiss Cottages, the Monk Resort, Kalpa- 172108
Phone- 098573- 12224
• Nomad’s Cottages- These cottages are situated at an altitude of 13400 feet and are 140kms away from Manali and 40kms away from the Chandertaal Lake.
Address- Nomad’s Cottages, Losar Valley, Spiti- 172114
Phone- 96508- 24268, 89882- 03599